Friday 3 January 2014

Happy New Year from the RSC Key

We'd like to wish all of our RSC Key members a Happy New Year and to say thank you to those of you who came to our Christmas Pub Quiz in December. It was wonderful to see so many of you there enjoying yourselves and, although it was extremely close, we’d like to give a huge congratulations to the winning team The Tiny Foxes! Our latest blog post comes from one of our Marketing Interns, Sian Bateman, who gives us the lowdown on the event.


As an intern in the Marketing Department at the RSC, you wouldn’t believe the variety of tasks and experiences I encounter week on week. As part of my individual project with The RSC Key, I was invited to attend the pub quiz at The Dirty Duck - an exclusive event for RSC Key members! The thought of drink, free nibbles and some challenging trivia was something I just couldn’t resist - oh, the hard life of an intern!

Some last minute equipment testing and the placement of some RSC Key sweets (Tutti Fruity) upon the tables meant we were raring to go; now all we needed was some theatre enthusiasts. Within about a minute the empty Duck was filled with Shakespeare supporters and pub quiz lovers alike, great start! The thing I enjoyed most about this event was the atmosphere created with just a few RSC staff, a microphone and plenty of RSC Key members. The cheer when the ‘Shakespeare Round’ was announced just proved how relevant Shakespeare’s theatre is, even now, and I was encouraged to see how much enjoyment can be gained from a shared interest.


Now I must apologise to the RSC Key members for the 200+ photos I took that evening, I got a little snap happy when handed a very nifty piece of equipment (oops).




In addition to the pub quiz, some of our members took part in vox pops and were interviewed about their thoughts on the RSC Key. It was amazing to hear all the positive reviews and feedback on a scheme I’ve been assisting with for the last month, which, for me, makes it so much more worth my effort.


I’d like to thank everyone that attended our event as I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you did too, I can’t wait for the next RSC Key event to be announced! In the meantime, check out our gallery of photos from the evening.


Until next time!

Sian Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment